Reports to: Encouragement FM Program Director
Evening Host Responsibilities
Under the administrative supervision of the Encouragement FM Program Director, the KVNE Evening Host ensures that assigned duties and specified on-air shows at KVNE are of a consistently high quality, in harmony with the mission of Encouragement FM, and in accordance with EFM policies and the rules and regulations of the Federal Communications Commission. Must be consistently on-time for daily work assignment. Typical work schedule: Monday – Friday – 1pm – 9pm.
First and foremost, the Evening Host must be able to effectively minister and communicate to listeners and others in the community the heart of what it means to follow Jesus Christ wholeheartedly. This must come, not simply from head knowledge, but from a vibrant and active daily walk with Jesus Christ as personal Savior and belief that the Bible is the inerrant Word of God.
- Live On-Air Show Mon – Fri 6-9pm
- Voice Tracking Weekend Shifts on 89.5 KVNE.
- Voice Tracking Weekday Shifts on 91.3 KGLY
- Voice Tracking/Live Hosting on other ministry owned stations, as assigned.
- Fill-in as a live on-air host in other day parts when other hosts are out of the office
- Put together a well-planned, connective and professional daily show
- Host your show in a relatable and connective way that will build the audience.
- Must effectively deliver relational content consistent with KVNE mission statement.
- Research the audience. Know to whom you are communicating and work to build on that audience
- Create content that is relational, relevant & important to our 25-49 female demo.
- Willing and able to provide the listener with accurate and timely severe weather information delivered in a calm and professional manner that will keep our listeners calm during a storm, while ensuring they take appropriate action to remain safe. Must be ready to communicate with authority and clarity. Be available for weather emergencies during your show and as needed during other dayparts/weekends.
- Work with the EFM Program Director to advance the development of your skills
- Image and promote the station to the community by attending station functions and engaging with listeners and potential listeners.
- Regularly meet with Program Director to receive coaching and instruction in line with achieving the ministry mission.
- Use of solid production skills to enhance overall product.
- Utilize blogs and social media to build, engage and point your audience to Jesus Christ.
- Perform other 89.5 KVNE and Encouragement FM duties as assigned
- A born again believer of Jesus Christ with a strong and growing walk with the Lord Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23, Romans 5:8, Romans 10:13, Romans 10:9-10.
- A heart for service, with Jesus Christ serving as our example (John 13:1-17)
- Committed to uphold and integrate the Encouragement FM mission of glorifying God by encouraging people, connecting our community, and pointing people to Jesus Christ pointing as a core process and belief. This includes communicating the heart of the Gospel while with listeners in person, by phone, social media, letter or other form of communication. Mark 16:15, Psalm 96:3
- Willingness and eagerness to pray to God the Father, through His Son Jesus Christ, verbally (out loud) for and with fellow staff members, listeners and people in the community.
- Ability to answer basic questions about the Christian faith and explain to someone how they can become a Christ-follower.
- Agreement with and a willingness to hold to the Encouragement FM Statement of Faith in both belief and practice.
- Willing and committed to hold to the policies described in our employee manual.
- Willing and able to lead and participate in required staff prayer times and Bible-based devotionals in the context of our beliefs as outlined in our Statement of Faith
- Commitment to be active in a local Bible-believing church, recognizing the importance of such a commitment. Hebrews 10:25, 1 Timothy 5:17