- This event has passed.
National Child Abuse and Neglect Awareness Month
April 1 - April 30
April is National Child Abuse Awareness Month
The first week is “Blue Ribbon Week”
- Monday April 1st– “Sock it” to Child Abuse-wear a pair of crazy socks
- Tuesday April 2nd– “Team Up” Against Child Abuse-wear your favorite sports team jersey/shirt
- Wednesday April 3rd– Be a “Hero” Against Child Abuse-wear your favorite super hero apparel
- Thursday April 4th– Put a “Cap” on Child Abuse- wear a crazy hat
- Friday April 5th is “Go Blue Day,” we ask you to wear something blue to raise awareness about child abuse and encourage individuals, organizations and communities to support the children and their families.
April 26 at 6 p.m. is the Candlelight Vigil on the Court House steps(East side). Everyone is invited to attend this moving program and bring your family and friends with you.
April 28 is National Go Blue Sunday at all county churches. Wear something blue to raise awareness about the terrible epidemic of child abuse.
Look for the blue signs and ribbons throughout our county and remember, awareness of the horrible effects of child abuse is the first step in eliminating this growing epidemic.