- This event has passed.
POWER, Inc.’s Kayaks & Cookout
May 18 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- POWER, Inc.’s annual Kayaks & Cook Out is Saturday, May 18, 2019 at Lake Gladewater
- 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- 59 people with disabilities attended the 2018 event with their families and friends,
- Volunteers from the prestigious ALERT Academy and students from Kilgore College Physical Therapist Assistant program will once again be on-site to assist and ensure a safe and enjoyable day for all
- As are all events this organization hosts, it is free for people with disabilities and their guest(s) to attend and participate
- Lunch will be served
- RSVP is required by May 10 by phone or by email
About POWER, Inc.
- POWER, Inc. is a publicly funded non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization in Longview dedicated to breaking down barriers and assisting those with disabilities to live life to the fullest
- They continue to be one of the few organizations that work to be inclusive of various levels of disabilities
- They have participants that have limb loss, paralysis, autism, down syndrome, cerebral palsy, blindness, hearing loss and other challenges
- Through their outings and activities, they endeavor to assist others in seeing their potential and helping them to decide to not just exist, but to live life!
- POWER’s premier event, the 17th annual Adaptive Sportsfest, is scheduled for Saturday, September 28 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Lake Gladewater.
- The Adaptive Sportsfest is their yearly fundraiser and their 2018-2019 Title Sponsor is C&R Medical, Platinum is Cigna, and Gold are Longview Ambucs & Southlake Medical Supplies. For more information about becoming a sponsor please contact Judie Korbelik at 903-736-9046