Basic info about Jill
Name: Jill Smith
Position: Director of Community Connections (Director of All Things Fun is better!)
Favorite Food: Steak & hamburgers
Favorite Verse: Isaiah 41:10
Originally from: Detroit, Michigan
Birthday: December 9
When I was a kid I wanted to be: A teacher
Favorite Artists: Steven Curtis Chapman
10 Questions about Jill Smith
1. When did you join Encouragement FM?
2. What does your job entail?
Director of all things Fun! That includes all station promotions, events, community outreach, social media, and web. I love every single minute of it.
3. Describe your family.
Married to Sam since 1990…oh my! I have two children – Sheridan (96’) and Jensen (01’). I couldn’t image life without these 3!
4. What do you enjoy most about working here?
I have a list!
• Serving Jesus through my job…doesn’t get any better than that!
• My job entails coming up with creative and fun ideas for people to laugh, have fun and get to know Jesus. Who wouldn’t love that!
• The best co-workers around!
• The people and ministries that I have the privilege of getting to know and love.
• The volunteers at PraiseShare
• And more!
5. Share a funny story about working here.
Can I change it to memorable? We had a Road Trip at Broadway Square Mall. All of a sudden, a massive wind and monsoon rain storm hit. We had 1,000 pairs of shoes that were donated from the shoe drive, 3 tents that were all about to blow onto traffic on Broadway. Three teenage boys pulled over to rescue us. It could have gone really badly, but God sent those boys and protected us. It rained so hard our faces hurt from the rain. Note to self…no Road Trip near Broadway!
6. What do you hope to accomplish here?
So much to do, so little time!
7. If you could witness one event in history, what would it be and why?
The birth of Jesus. I would love to see the celebration of the Savior arriving into this world. There had to be sooo much joy and anticipation.
8. If you had one free hour each day, how would you use it?
Crafting and painting with my daughter Sheridan.
9. If you had to choose an existing movie title to describe your life, what would it be?
10. What’s the strangest talent you have?
I’m not strange. (Don’t tell my family I said that.)