Since May is Foster Awareness Month, 89.5 KVNE is partnering with The Fostering Collective!
MORE ABOUT this month’s featured ministry partner!
The Fostering Collective
- The Fostering Collective exists to recruit and shepherd Christ-centered families in East Texas to help children in foster care.
- Right now in East Texas there are more than 2,000 children in foster care. Of these 2,000 children, more than 400 are available for adoption.
- This month, 89.5 KVNE is partnering with The Fostering Collective to shed light on the needs of foster care and more importantly how you can help.
- Are you feeling led to foster or adopt?
- Right now in Smith County alone, there are 250 children in foster care and 22 children waiting for their forever family.
- Could you be one of those families?
- Smith County has around 140 foster families who are sacrificially loving these children. They need support from our community.
- The Fostering Collective helps to train babysitters for foster families and provide essential items like car seats, clothes, and toiletries.
- They also provide Christ-centered training opportunities so that these families can show the love of Christ to children in foster care.
I Am Loved
How can I get involved?
- Interest Meeting for Fostering and Adoption/Babysitter Training
- May 28 at 6 p.m.
- Green Acres Baptist Church
- If you’re interested in foster care or adoption, please join The Fostering Collective where they can answer all of your questions!
- Or if you want to help foster families by becoming certified as a babysitter, The Fostering Collective can train you so you’ll be eligible for 11 different agencies!
- Foster Awareness Fridays
- Every Friday in May, visit The Fostering Collective Facebook page to hear from experts in foster care.
May 17’s Webinar
Bible verses to share
- I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. – John 14:18
- Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world. – James 1:27
- A father of the fatherless and a judge for the widows, is God in His holy habitation. God sets the lonely in families, He leads out the prisoners in singing… – Psalm 68:5-6
What are ministry partners?
- Ministry Partners are just that: partners in our Lord’s ministry that we have gotten to know well and that we are aligned with!
- So you can feel confident in who they are and what they do for others across our community.
- They are non-profit ministries who focus on serving Christ by serving others in the way they are called to do so.
- Each month, we will focus on a different Ministry Partner.