I love that we have a day set aside to celebrate moms.
Growing up, we always made a big deal on Mother’s Day, making homemade cards and bringing her breakfast in bed. Of course there were usually handmade coupon books for free hugs and kisses too!
It was always a fun day, but I’m not sure I appreciated how hard my mom worked to take care of us until I became a mom myself.
She worked full time, took care of the household, chased around three kiddos and still managed to get us to church on Sundays.
My mom was a rock star. I’m sure she prayed for us, but I wonder if she ever took the time to pray for herself! Now that I’m a mom, with all the rewards and challenges, I need all the help I can get!
Here are ten prayers we can pray to ask God to help us be the best moms we can be!
10 MOM PRAYERS
- I pray that I will have a clear vision of what I hope to accomplish as a mother, so that I may guide my family with purpose.
- Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he who keeps the law, happy is he. –Proverbs 29:18
- I pray, Lord, that you will help me control myself in all things so that I will be my best for my children.
- Like a city whose walls are broken through, is a person who lacks self-control. – Proverbs 25:28
- I pray for physical and mental energy to take care of my family’s needs.
- Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. – Isaiah 40:31
- I pray that my mind will be open to creative ways to play with, interact with, and guide my children.
- For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. – Ephesians 2:10
- I pray that I will lovingly care for my marriage so that it can be a source of joy and security for my family.
- Marriage should be honored by all… – Hebrews 13:4
- I pray for wisdom, so that I make good decisions as I parent my children.
- If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. – James 1:5
7. FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- I pray that I will spend money wisely so that our family will not face the burden of debt. I pray also that I will be generous.
- For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. – Timothy 6:10
8. A KIND HEART
- I pray that my heart will overflow with kindness and that it will show in my words and actions.
- But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, and self-control – Galatians 5:22
- I pray for patience that will help me hold my tongue, reduce my irritation, and lovingly let my children go at their own pace.
- Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. – Colossians 3:12
- I pray that I will always have hope in you, Lord, and that my hope will allow me to see solutions and opportunities even in the midst of challenge.
- We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure… – Hebrews 6:19
Original source: imom.com
[x_button shape=”rounded” size=”large” float=”none” href=”https://kvne.com/category/kvne-blogs/as-heard-on-89-5-kvne/” info=”none” info_place=”top” info_trigger=”hover”]READ ALL HEARD ON AIR BLOGS[/x_button]