Contest Rules & Regulations
89.5 KVNE CONTEST RULES
89.5 KVNE will conduct contests including on-air, online, application and text-based contests, and contests conducted through its social media accounts (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, etc.), substantially as described in these rules, which may be amended by separate specific rules for individual contests. In the event that separate specific rules are issued for an individual contest, those rules, not these general rules, are controlling. By participating, each participant agrees as follows:
- Depending on the type of contest, you may be asked to call in to participate at a specified time, fill out a form, respond to a text, participate via social media post rules, or mail an entry to 89.5 KVNE, attention Promotions, 7695 Old Jacksonville Hwy, Tyler, TX 75703. Listen on-air, or defer to promotion details on the contest website page for how to participate.
- 89.5 KVNE is not responsible for entries not received due to delay of mail service, Internet service outage, computer difficulty, phone trouble, or other technical issues.
- Contests are open to 89.5 KVNE listeners who are 18 years of age or older and who legally reside in the listening area in Texas.
- Limit to one entry per person.
- Only one winner per household is allowed every thirty days.
- Persons who are ineligible to win prizes or participate in contests include: (a) 89.5 KVNE employees and their parents, spouses, children, siblings and roommates; (b) employees of underwriting agencies that conduct business with 89.5 KVNE; (c) employees of participating sponsors and promotional partners; and (d) persons employed by radio stations within the East Texas area.
- Contest participants agree that 89.5 KVNE and contest sponsors have the right to use the name, voice and/or likeness of contest winners for promotional and advertising purposes without compensation. All calls coming into 89.5 KVNE studios may be recorded and aired on the radio station without further approval.
- 89.5 KVNE will not disclose or sell participant’s personal information to parties that are not affiliated with 89.5 KVNE.
- No purchase is necessary. Purchase does not increase odds of winning.
- Chance of winning depends on the number of correct and eligible contest participants and entries.
- Prize amounts and value will vary from contest to contest. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash or other merchandise. Prizes are not transferable; no substitutions are permitted.
- Prizes will be mailed within thirty calendar days after winning the prize or at the discretion of 89.5 KVNE. If the prize is to be mailed, it is the responsibility of the winner to provide 89.5 KVNE with a current and correct mailing address. 89.5 KVNE is not responsible for, nor obligated to replace any lost, stolen, or damaged prize sent through the U.S. Mail.
- If winner is asked to claim a prize, failure to claim prize(s) from 89.5 KVNE within thirty days of notification will result in forfeiture of prize(s).
- Any additional costs related to a prize that may be incurred as a result of accepting a prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- 89.5 KVNE will not be responsible or held liable for prizes awarded to an event that is canceled due to circumstances out of our control.
- 89.5 KVNE, its agencies and representatives shall not be liable for any claim, injury or damage from any 89.5 KVNE contest or prize awarded in a contest.
- Contestant’s cell phone carrier’s standard message and data rates may apply with text messaging contests. Contact your cell phone carrier for specific details.
- Winners are responsible for federal, state and local taxes and fees if applicable. Any person winning over $600 in cumulative prizes within a calendar year will receive an IRS form 1099 and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
- 89.5 KVNE reserves the right to require contest winners to sign a liability release prior to acceptance and receiving of any prize awarded by station.
- By participating, each contest participant agrees to release and indemnify 89.5 KVNE, and its officers, directors, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries, employees and contest sponsors from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the participant’s participation in the Contest.
- Contestants are required to provide truthful information. 89.5 KVNE has the authority to reject any entry that is false.
- 89.5 KVNE reserves the right to disqualify any participant that tampers with the contest entry process.
- 89.5 KVNE reserves the right to substitute contest prizes with other prizes of equal value.
- 89.5 KVNE reserves the right to cancel or modify contest and contest rules at any time without notice.
- The contest will begin and end at the times specified by 89.5 KVNE. 89.5 KVNE operations on Central Standard Time (CST).
- Void where prohibited.
- Proper photo identification of winners may be requested by 89.5 KVNE.