Oh how yummy an egg can be (as long as you’re not allergic to them). They are wonderful for baking, creating awesome omelets, and are fun to hide for your granddaughter at Easter time. But those fragile orbs of white also can help with things you didn’t even think of:
- Add them to your compost. The calcium in the shells helps plants to grow big and strong.
- Make a facial. Egg yolk facials have been around for centuries and deliver smooth, healthy skin. Having egg on your face never felt so good.
- Or use them for a shampoo. Eggs are natural moisturizers and will add shine and bounce to your hair.
- Water your plants. Instead of throwing out the water after you’ve made hard boiled eggs, save it, let it cool, then pour the nutrient-rich water over your houseplants.
- Egg carton art projects. They’re super easy and super fun. Best of all, there are thousands of creative ideas on how to use them.
- Clean your leather. Spread egg whites on your leather jacket, shoes, or furniture, wipe off with a damp towel, and boom: shiny, protected leather.
- Use them for glue. Egg whites are very sticky when they dry. Dab a little on whatever you need gluing and viola! Glue substitute.
- Do a magic trick. There are tons of magic tricks using eggs, but this one will blow your mind and win you free drinks!
- Or use them for a science experiment. It’s an eggsellent way to teach your kids about pressure, heat, and globular proteins.
- Make an all-natural Band-Aid. Hard boil an egg, then use the membrane between the shell and the egg to make a Band-Aid. It acts like skin to keep dirt and grime out.
More Right Here
Any other tricks of the trade with random staples in your fridge or pantry? Comment at [email protected]