Do you ever feel like there are just not enough hours in the day to get it all done? For me, that feeling sparks so many more emotions of inadequacy, being out of control, not fulfilling my commitments and ultimately STRESS! To say that I don’t take this out on my family at times would be stretching the truth. Stretching it a lot! Like, my nose would be growing!
So maybe you’re like me, and these not-so-great moments make you feel like a bad mom. I totally get it. But let me encourage you…
Don’t believe the lie. Bad moments don’t make bad moms. You’re doing better than you think you are.
The Bible says we can choose to consider trouble as “an opportunity for great joy” (James 1:2b). Below are some happy habits to help you focus on JOY in all of the crazy.
- Hold your child and husband every chance you get.
- Answer every child’s “Mom!” as if an angel were calling for you.
- Pray daily, hourly, every second if necessary.
- Push every negative thought into the disposal and turn it on.
- Yearn for now, appreciate the stage of your child’s life.
- Have Sunday supper together in your kitchen with your family.
- Order your days efficiently so that you have time to play.
- Maintain peace and forgive daily.
- Enjoy the blessing of your children.
[x_button shape=”rounded” size=”regular” float=”none” href=”https://kvne.com/category/kvne-blogs/as-heard-on-89-5-kvne/” info=”none” info_place=”top” info_trigger=”hover”]READ ALL HEARD ON AIR BLOGS[/x_button]