You might be wondering what exactly is the perfect gift to give a teacher.
Because we want to save your child’s teacher from drowning in well-intended, apple-themed gifts, imom.com has put together 10 Teacher Gift Ideas to help you give a gift she’ll adore.
And if you’re low on cash, there’s even an idea that won’t cost you a dime that she’ll treasure.
1. A personal note of thanks. Among the teachers we polled, this was far and away the most coveted expression of appreciation. Great teachers pour their hearts and souls into nurturing your child. A few words that let her know that it hasn’t gone unnoticed are a tremendous encouragement!
2. A gift of indulgence. A gift certificate for a manicure-pedicure, facial, massage, or a relaxing spa service is a great choice. Allow her to let the stress of the school year melt away.
3. Handmade or homecooked. Give her the blessing of a homemade sweet treat or handmade gift for the classroom.
4. A piece of art. High-quality prints that feature great quotes about teachers and education can be found on sites like Etsy for affordable prices. Pop it into an attractive frame and wrap it up.
5. A few cups of joe on the house. A gift card to a favorite coffee house might just hit the spot. Present your gift in this adorable DIY card.
6. Dinner at her favorite restaurant. Gift cards to favorite restaurants are always welcome. Who doesn’t love a night on the town?
7. Personalized note cards. Teachers have to write lots of notes to parents and others. The job is a little easier if they have a good supply of attractive stationery or note cards.
8. A great tote. Great teachers are forever schlepping home with stacks of papers to grade and other essentials. Give your child’s teacher a great tote bag for carrying the tools of the trade in style.
9. Classroom essentials. If your school’s budget often forces your teacher to dig into her own pocket to buy things like tissues, soap, and hand sanitizer, buying her a few extras to take the pressure off next year will certainly be welcome.