It’s hard to believe that the kids are already going back to school. I’m sure the kids really feel that way! It’s time for the old “back-to-school” routine which is more structured than the summer schedule!
Parents everywhere with younger kids are having to pack lunches again. The one thing parents want for the kids, is a healthy lunch that the kids will actually eat.
Here are some healthy suggestions your child may like:
- Juice box – with real fruit and reduced sugar
- Chicken sliders – Use canned chicken (low salt and reduced fat) mix with a tad of mayo and seasoning. Roll the chicken in a lettuce leaf with cheese. Or, place a slice of bread in a baggie (so sandwich doesn’t get soggy!)
- Tortilla Pinwheels – Corn or flour tortillas with cream cheese, turkey, ham or chicken , thinly sliced tomatoes, lettuce or spinach and avocado. Roll tortilla tight and cut into rounds.
- Mini Bagels with cream cheese
- Sandwich Kabobs – cubed sandwich meat with cubes of cheese, grape tomatoes and other veggies your child may like
- Small banana
- Peeled clementine
- Blackberries, strawberries (any berries your child likes)
- Applesauce (low sugar)
- Apple slices
- Fruit kabob
- Sliced avocado
- Baby carrots with ranch dip
- Cucumber slices
- Snap Peas
- Small salad
Snacks and Treats
- Small bag of Gold Fish crackers or Pretzels
- Trail Mix (small portion)
- Chocolate chip cookie (1)
- Dried fruit
- String cheese
- Yogurt or pudding cup
- Banana bread
You know your child best… just make it delicious, healthy and fun! Be sure you print our KVNE Lunch Box Notes to put in their lunch boxes! They’ll love the encouragement and they’ll feel loved!
“Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.” — Proverbs 22:6
[x_button shape=”rounded” size=”regular” float=”none” href=”https://kvne.com/category/kvne-blogs/as-heard-on-89-5-kvne/” info=”none” info_place=”top” info_trigger=”hover”]READ ALL HEARD ON AIR BLOGS[/x_button]