Yep, you feel like you’re DYING!! It’s not even the start of summer yet, but it’s East Texas and the heat doesn’t wait for a specific date on the calendar. You’ve started turning on the fans and turning up the A/C, but something doesn’t feel right. You may not be getting the most out of your Air Conditioner, and it’s time to see what to do to remedy that. Some of the things you can look into doing:
- Make sure to call professionals to give your A/C unit a regular tune up, which includes an air filter change, coil cleaning, and a check for leaks on the ducts.
- If you financially can, make sure you have a high-efficiency unit
- Double-check on your home insulation – is it well done?
- Keep the Air Conditioner at around 70-72 degrees. If you’re home is insulated well, the cool air will stay in well and you won’t have to worry about cranking the temperature lower.
- Every few months, replace the air filters yourself