We Texans love our BBQ cookouts, so I found some really different and yummy recipes that will certainly impress your friends! So let’s clean off the BBQ and get to cookin’!
Hatch Pineapple Salsa
You can put this sweet and spicy salsa on everything you BBQ this season – even hot dogs!
- 1 1/2 c. fresh pineapple
- 2 (4-oz.) Hatch Chiles, diced
- 1/4 c. Red Onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 c. fresh cilantro
- 1 to 2 seeded Fresno chiles
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Toss together pineapple, Hatch chiles, red onion, fresh cilantro, Fresno chiles, and lime juice.
- Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve on grilled hot dogs with cooked bacon and melted pepper Jack cheese.
Don’t forget the Hatch pineapple salsa!
- 1-1/2 pound ground chuck beef (80% lean)
- 2/3 cups brown sugar barbecue sauce, divided
- 3 tablespoons bread crumb
- 3/4 teaspoon Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 pkg (12 oz) Hawaiian dinner rolls (in tray)
- 3 slices Swiss cheese, quartered
- 1 can (8 oz) pineapple slices, drained (reserve juice), cut into thirds
- 6 slices of bacon
- Spray cold grate of gas grill with grilling spray. Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Combine barbecue sauce with 2 tablespoons pineapple juice. Meanwhile, combine 1/3 cup of barbecue sauce mixture to beef, breadcrumbs and steak seasoning in large bowl. Shape mixture into 12 small patties.
- Place pineapple slices in bowl with remaining barbecue sauce mixture and set aside.
- Grill patties 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through (160°F). Meanwhile, remove attached rolls from package; do NOT separate. Cut in half horizontally. Spray cut sides with grilling spray; toast on grill.
- Remove pineapple slices from sauce and grill for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Separate toasted rolls and assemble sliders; Spread remaining barbecue sauce mixture on rolls, place a small piece of lettuce then patties on bottom halves of rolls; top with cheese, bacon and pineapple. Close with tops of rolls.
Invite some friends and enjoy a meal with them!
“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God!” – 1 Corinthians 10:31
What are some of your favorite things to BBQ in the summer?! Let us know in the comments below!
[x_button shape=”rounded” size=”regular” float=”none” href=”https://kvne.com/category/kvne-blogs/as-heard-on-89-5-kvne/” info=”none” info_place=”top” info_trigger=”hover”]READ ALL HEARD ON AIR BLOGS[/x_button]