89.5 KVNE Mornings
If you’re like me, you can always use a little help in the organization department.
The first step in becoming organized is to eliminate the clutter and unused or unneeded items that cause you to feel unorganized. Getting rid of those items frees up space, helps you find and access what you need more easily, and in the process unclutters your mind which allows you to become more efficient. The more efficient you are, the more free time you have to do the things you love to do.
How about we start off with something easy. Ten minutes doesn’t seem like a lot of time, but I’m always amazed at how much can be accomplished in a short amount of time if I stay focused. Try finishing one of the below projects when you find yourself with an extra 10 minutes while … you’re in the waiting room at the doctor’s office, arrive early to pick your kids up from school, have extra time before leaving for work, you’re stopped in traffic…
20 Things To Do with an Extra 10 Minutes
- Clean out the fridge and put the emptied leftover containers in the dishwasher
- Make tomorrow’s to-do list
- Paint your toenails
- Weed through your magazines and catalogs – keep what you’ll really
read and toss the rest
- Schedule an appointment, RSVP an invitation, respond to an email or
return a phone call
- Velcro a pen by the calendar; distribute post-it notes and
room-labeled scissors in every room you use them
- Throw a load in the washer, and quick-fold the load coming out of the dryer
- Clear out your email inbox
- Do a 10-minute yoga video
- Empty all the trash baskets in the house, add new liners, and take trash out to the garbage can
- Pay your online bills
- Clean out your purse or wallet
- Sort the laundry
- Clear off your desktop workspace
- Write out a thank-you card
- Clean the microwave
- Clean out car clutter – gather and put away items that don’t belong
there, throw out trash
- Clean up the kitchen – polish the sink and faucet
- Gather dirty clothes and towels. Strip bed. Sort laundry
- Plan next week’s menu
You can do this!
What are some things you do to stay organized? Let us know in the comments section below!
[x_button shape=”rounded” size=”regular” float=”none” href=”https://kvne.com/category/kvne-blogs/as-heard-on-89-5-kvne/” info=”none” info_place=”top” info_trigger=”hover”]READ ALL HEARD ON AIR BLOGS[/x_button]